1. I like Ezequiel PallejŠ also - Hamish Davidson
2. For just THE ONE rag - Tom Shea's "Brun Campbell's Express" Nils-Gunnar Anderby
3. I just say:"Roberto Clemente" - Nobody touches DTR (Claes Ringqvist)
4. What about Benjamin Intartaglia and Gilles Monfort ? These youg french composers are very talented ! To my mind, works such as " Ghost Castle rag ", " Hemlock leaf rag " or " Impromptu violet " are major works for the new european ragtime school. - Joe Garland.
5. Oleg, this poll is impossible! How does one choose between Roberts, Kirby, French & Isbitz?
6. OK, Roberto Clemete is a good tune if played briskly, in a country&w style. Otherwise so called contemporary ragtime is usually overwrought, overcomplicated, boring, repetitious, oversentimental and pretentious. Some fairly and in some cases, really good music labeled "contemporary ragtime" is, however, not ragtime as far as I am concerned. Ragtime lived for almost twenty years as a vital and kicking form of expression. Why not be happy with this? Peter Lundberg