1. Wow! I'm the first voter! Incredible! ;-) Benjamin Intartaglia
2. And I'm the 2nd voter, Benjamin! ;-) Oleg Mezjuev
3. Nifty idea Oleg! - Hamish Davidson
4. JAMES SCOTT FOR PRESIDENT! VOTE FOR JAMES SCOTT!
5. Scott Joplin is the Mozart of RAGTIME - Period!(claes ringqvist)
6. I agree with Hamish! It's a tough choice though, as Joplin is in a class by himself in terms of continous creative inventiveness! Jan Dahmen
7. So many to good composers, so hard to decide on one favourite: so I'll just add to the mayhem and confusion by adding two names, that I think deserve a spot here: Charles L. Johnson and May Aufderheide, for achieving indicvidual voices and having been early contributers to the genre, each with their own spark of originality and stylistic flare.
8. I must also agree with claes, Joplin is the Master, a pure genious who showed that he could grow over time, by the sheer sophistication of his style. Let's not forget that rose from very humble beginnings, and that his music devolped textural maturity, warmth and depth early on, and just kept on going from there. Who can listen without being awestruck?